Adopting a Parrot
Thank you for considering adopting a parrot through Cavy Angel's Guinea Pig Rescue Inc.
Cavy Angel's Guinea Pig Rescue Inc doesn’t usually assist in the rehoming of Parrots but due to coming in contact with 2 parrots that required immediate care we could not help but give these beautiful birds a second chance at life and a new forever home.
Please ensure you read all the information on this page before filling out the online application form located below.
The adoption process is only available online, this means that all correspondence is via our application form and email. The full adoption process can take up to 10 business days to complete. Adoption application forms are usually responded to within 72 hours. If you haven't received a response within this time, please check your email account's 'spam' or 'junk' folder to ensure the email was not filtered.
Please note: You must be over 18 years of age to apply. Cavy Angel's Guinea Pig Rescue Inc is available for adoptions by appointments only and the rescue is located on the Gold Coast, Elanora QLD, 4221 Approval must be received proper to arranging an appointment and you must be able to arrange your own transportation to and from the rescue. If you are intending to purchase or make your own housing, we recommend that you contact us prior so we can let you know what is required to meet minimum RSPCA recommended standards.
Below are the steps to our Adoption process. Please ensure you read all material provided on the left hand side menu bar before applying.
Adoption Process Steps:
- Prior to apply to adopt we ask you to read throught the Pre-Adoption Considerations page
- Once you have read through the Pre Adoption considerations page we recommend you have a read of the amazing information provided by the Parrot Rescue Center which can be found here
- Once you have finished reading the above informatoin you can then go on to fill out Adoption application form & provide photos of your current birds play areas & cage setup.
- An adoption Co-ordinator will then me in contact with you to discuss your application (within 5 working day)
- Once your applocation is approved we ask that you have a read of some more fantastic information from the Parrot Rescue Center this can be found here
- You will need to print out and complete the Adoption Agreement
- An Adoption Co-ordinator will then makes contact with you to organises collection/transport of bird
Taking care of a companion bird is a serious responsibility and we insist that each person who adopts a bird understands these responsibilities and can fulfil them.
Any and All adoption inquired must be made by a responsible person who is prepared to commit totally to the bird they adopt and is open to change, learning and further education.
We encourage children to learn how to relate to birds, but we do not encourage the sole responsibility of the care of the bird as a child's teaching tool, therefore the primary adopter must be an adult over the age of 18.
We have created an adoption procedure designed to be in the adopters and bird's best interest, so we appreciate your patience while we go through this process.
We would also like to thank the Parrot Rescue Center for the amazing work that they do and for the rescorse they have avalible to the public, you will see below that we recommend you read a lot of information provided by them.